Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Open Door (Part 2): Walking into a New Home



Over the past few weeks, readers of The Outlet for Women and myself can attest to the need to prepare for opportunity and the mandate to walk in faith. In continuing this series I thought it was important to share a true story of faith, resilience to identify and walk into the blessing and fruit of our labor. I've witnessed the struggle and triumph and encouraged Guest Blogger Judy to write and share her experience. 
If you've lost some things or have been waiting for some things, get ready and do the work required, because the door of opportunity is being held open just for you. We're told in Revelation 3:8, "I know all the things you do, and I have opened a door for you that no one else can close. You have little strength, yet you obeyed my word and did not deny me (God)." 
Enjoy this read! – Sharon

Submitted by: Guest Blogger Judy B. 

I had a hard time starting this story off-where do I begin? What should I say to emphasize my joy, awe and gratitude over these last few months or maybe the last couple of years? The Lord is faithful and I stand in awe of Him. He will do what He said He will do-good, bad and well unbelievingly great! My husband and I recently closed on a new home - a miraculous feat given our shaky past. Shaky marriage, shaky communication, shaky finances, shaky self worth, actually the only stable thing was Jesus a true friend, a healer, a repairer, a restorer, a comforter, a provider, a promise keeper. I learned these characteristics about Him first hand and boy did He carry us through.

I stand in my new beautiful home, in a desirable part of town and I realize this arduous journey was meant to be. All this because of His great love for me or I should say His love for His people. I am in a better place now spiritually, emotionally, maritally, and financially. I had to learn and commit to the discipline of surrendering, being silent, praying, seeking first the kingdom or God's business as I like to call it and lastly the discipline of tithing – oh yes, I said the "T" word.


Now more on the miraculous part. Prior to this we lost our home back in 2008, this was a huge disappointment; technically this wasn't suppose to happen I did all the work, and after all we looked good on paper but in reality our relational and financial circumstances were a mess. The journey from there led us to the rental market a relief considering the burden of managing a home and life. And while it was a prayerful journey and I felt His peace; I would at times reflect on my circumstance and say given the Lord's faithfulness and the work I did to stay faithful and believe, (boy did it pay off in the end) many of the events remained a mystery about how He was moving in my life. I mean was faithfully going church wasn't I suppose to look blessed. I mean look at so and so they are not faithful but Lord they appear to be prospering! 

With relief, I can say that was a foolish way to access things but when pain, disappoint or when your vulnerable the enemy will try anything to get you to doubt God and forsake Him. Now on this side of my life I can certainly say - it makes sense the joinery He had me on and I love Him for His faithfulness. ....I can't consider looking for a new home, your credit, his credit, you need 20% down, etc. I heard it all. Days led to week and weeks to months- work was being done- hard work. The months raced into years- savings, plans, forgiveness, healings resulted and bam we closed on a house one year ahead of my plans. Wow! God is good–

2 comments:

  1. Yes, God is good Judy! May the Lord continue to pour out his blessings on you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ty! I will make sure Judy sees your comment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the blog and for your feedback.